I love these pictures of Mia and Ben in the tree at our neighborhood park. A few days later Maddie fell out of the same tree playing with her friends. I'm hoping she can stay out of a cast this summer unlike last, but that didn't bode well.
How is it that Maddie is seven years old?! We had a great day celebrating last Friday. I managed not to completely burn her treats for school, and she wore her new fabulous outfit from grandma. We all went out to eat for dinner, and I believe this slightly spoiled 7-yr old got everything she wanted, included her DS and 4 games to go with it. The big party is this Sunday-- a Luau -- with 24 girls invited. Really, 24. So far only 2 can't come. Really, really hoping a couple more report back as no-shows. Really. Hoping.
It was so great to see Shannon and Katie at the Dells retreat. Jenny was very cool in person, even though she wasn't feeling well. And her friend Leah (Lefa on Tally) had maybe the prettiest pages I've ever seen. It's always fun to see other people's work and how they go about it.
If you use Picasa, you may have started having problems with the sharpening tool and collage features. I did, and I couldn't figure out why. Katie told me she was having the same problems, so I looked it up online. I guess the latest versions are buggy, so to fix, you have to uninstall it and reinstall an earlier version. I went here and downloaded version 70.73, and now all is well. But after you reinstall, you have to go to Tools-- Options and go to the General tab and then choose "don't check for updates" on the drop down menu. Otherwise it will just automatically update your version and you'll be back where you started.
Tonight we took the kids up the street to Lawrence University's Earth Day kiddo festival they have each year. It's just simple games for the kids set up along with a scavenger hunt they can participate in. When did college students start looking so young?! They were adorable though- the kids loved interacting with all of them at each game. I was glad we went, because we remembered how fun it is to walk around campus. I love the arena surrounding the art building, especially. And the student union has a great cafe inside I need to keep in mind too.
The kids also had a great time in Illinois at Easter. Here's some pics of the girls with their cousins hunting for eggs. And some shots of one of the simplest toys that has been their favorite- these plastic 'stompers' that they hold with rope and walk around on. I got them here. They love these things.

5 comments:
I also hope Maddie stays out of a cast this summer as well! I took your advice and uploaded the newer Picasa update. Hope all is well :)
We used to have some of those stompers. I think they were called Romper Stompers.
Hope you have a cast free summer. I can't imagine how tough that must be on a kid.
Here's hoping for a few more no shows!
It was great meeting you and thanks for the compliment. :)
Love the photos.
That's too bad that Picasa updates are having problems. CM's Memory Manager has staff on call to help with any problems you have. It's on sale right now for only $29.95!
http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/karinbabcock/catalog-index?event=productdetails&eventId=1260&productGroupId=&categoryId=276&categoryIdParm=%7C273%7C276%7C&pageTitle=Memory+Manager+2.0+Download&relatedItem=N&qtyOrdered=&productId=&itemSku=&act=&selectedCategory=-2147483648
Ben had fun with Mia today - thanks for letting her come over and making the day shorter!
Karin
Had to come and say hello! Thanks for all the comments on my blog. I always manage to check up on my blogging pals, but not so good about commenting. Looks like things are good up in your neck of the woods, hope we can all get together this summer, maybe?
Post a Comment