Friday, July 03, 2009


















On our way to Iowa, we went to the Henry Vilas Zoo in Madison. We always have fun there. We stopped and ate at Zulu's Cafe across the street; it had great food and coffee. In Iowa, we ate dinner at a great place right on the Iowa River; check out our table view. We took some pics outside too. It was good to see how the Coralville area finally seems to have recovered from last year's flooding.

I was playing around in picnik and I love the Orton-ish effect you can apply to your photos there. But I had no idea what that meant, so I looked it up and learned something new. And a one button click is a lot easier than all those steps in Photoshop. I applied it a little to this pic of Mia and I on the carousel and the one of me and the girls. Fun. I like the 'Matte' effect too, the ones with the edges lightened instead of darkened vignetting like I usually do.

3 comments:

itsjustshannon said...

Love the pics at the zoo here!!! Know all those spots. Jeff takes a pretty darn good picture of the women in his life too!

Minda said...

I love that effect in picnik, its so yummy!

Great shots!

Nicole said...

Beautiful photos! Love the shot of you and the girls.