Friday, June 26, 2009

Wow, I hadn't updated any links on this blog in years. So I just updated my favorite scrap blog links over there on the left; adding more of the blogs I actually go to when I get the time. Which is hardly ever, but I like having them all there in one place when I do.

One of the highlights of our trip to Illinois this week were fireflies or lightning bugs, depending on your...dialect? The kids had so much fun staying up until dark and chasing them all around with their cousins. Does anyone know why we don't have them here locally? Is it all of Wisconsin that is firefly barren or is it just certain areas? Hm. I miss them.
The Quinceanera was lots of fun; lots of dancing and good food. I'm glad we had been to one before so we were kind of familiar with all the stages of the celebration. In the 3rd pic the kids are doing some sort of electric slide-ish dance; check out how both of them have their tongue sticking out because they're concentrating on the steps so hard. They so get that from their dad!



We also had lots of fun at my brother's house just hanging out. I love this pic of my mom telling the kids a story outside.


Today we picked strawberries for the first time at Cuff's Farm. Good thing you don't have to pay for what you eat in the field, that's for sure. Tomorrow I'm making strawberry muffins and maybe a pie.


Lots of wading pool and slip & slide time in the yard on these hot afternoons. Jeff found our old inflatable plastic ball pit and we put that out there too. How many more things do you think we can throw into this yard? Gardens, clothesline, playsets... heck, with the road closed I might just stake some pink flamingos out there.




1 comment:

cookiesandmilk said...

Earlier this summer I had to explain to my kids what lightening bugs were. I guess I didn't realize that WI didn't have them; maybe I just didn't miss them while we lived there. My neighbors got a kick out of my kids being squeamish about the bugs possibly biting them.
My kids really liked their slip-n-slide earlier this month now they are whining it’s too hot to play outside. Poor kids, they have never had a July in a hot and humid area, hopefully it’s not too much of a scorcher this year.