We had a really nice time "up north", in spite of rain, clouds, and tick sightings (really disliked the ticks). We took our bikes, and got them out on Tuesday for a ride. We saw many deer and one turkey. We had a nest of baby birds in a hollow tree close to the house we kept tabs on. Jeff got a fire burning outside for s'mores, and fires inside to play board games in front of. (We just bought 'Uno spin' and its the kids' favorite). The owner of the house had an awesome collection of 8-track tapes with a player-- it took me right back to being a kid. My parents used to have a lot of the same music they did on 8-track: Seals & Crofts, America, Abba... tons of 70's classics.
The girls got to climb a winding staircase to their bedroom which they thought was completely cool. There was a sand mountain in the backyard, providing hours of fun. (Notice, true to character, I made them wear their bike helmets while up there). They were Queens of the Hill.
The thing I love most about the Crivitz/Peshtigo area is the proliferance of supper club signs, grouped together at intersections.
Summer has been slow and easy so far. We've had some playdates, some crafting, lots of playing outside with the neighbors. Summer school starts this week and the kids are also taking tumbling on Mondays through parks and rec, giving us a little more routine to our days.

The girls had fun at the APBA golf outing this week, riding in golf carts and water-gun squirting participants. We also watched Jeff march in the flag day parade, which was fun, but hot. We bugged out early and swam at a freind's pool to cool off.
Maddie brought up a couple times that she misses school, her teacher, her friends. This makes me happy... and hopeful that second grade will be just as fun but minus the social adjustment stress she had for the first half of the year.
I think my tooth is cracked. My dentist has tried various things, and I've seen a specialist, trying to figure out what the deal is and hoping all along that it was not a fracture (I already had a root canal on the tooth last year). But we've pretty much ruled out all else, which means a tooth extraction and implant in my future, costing a ridiculous amount of money that insurance does not cover. I'm waiting as long as I can to be sure, but I'd really like to fully chew on that side of my mouth again someday. Has anyone gone through this? I think I just need someone to tell me to stop pretending it will go away and just have it pulled. It just seems so.... final.
We're off to Illinois this week to see many, many people in 4 days. And going to a Quinceanera -- Jeff's niece, in Chicago-- should be fun. Still, with so much visiting on the agenda, I'm already looking forward to being home and back to our slow summer again...
2 comments:
I had a cracked tooth, too, but was able to get a crown on it. I'm still not fully satisfied-it has a lot of pain, etc. so I think someday I'll be the same boat as you. Brian is missing a tooth in his mouth and has just decided to leave a hole, but I don't think I could ever do that. Sorry to hear about your dental issues, but your trip looked really fun! ;)
I was in a similar situation with a molar that cracked when I was very young and was capped then later hurt very bad. I had it pulled and my wisdom tooth actually grew in its place. A few years later I had the other 3 wisdom teeth removed. I have horrible teeth so I feel your pain. I bet I could buy a used SUV with all the cash I have poured into my mouth over the last 8 years. Thanks for the coke filled bottles mom!
On another note, we have no Flag Day parades here (or patriotism really). I thought of Appleton last weekend when I read "Flag Day" on the calendar yet the streets weren't lined with flags, dwellings weren't proudly flying flags, and there was no parade. It made me sad, but only for a moment.
Post a Comment